My hands feel extra fancy these days with the combination gold half moons + Tiffany blue on my nails. The colours conveniently divert my eyes from the dry winter skin that only some warm weather will eventually cure. Thanks to these French manicure adhesives that a roommate gave me, the process was easy. Easy like Sunday morning.
You will need:
-a solid colour nail polish
-a metallic nail polish
–Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit adhesives (although if you have binder protectors lying around, those will do the trick)
-base coat (optional)
1) Start by applying the base coat. Follow with 2 thin coats of solid nail polish, letting each dry really well in between and after.
2) When you think your nails are dry, do a test-try on one nail with an adhesive: apply it check if the polish comes off when you peel it.
3) Good to go? Then add adhesives just below midway on your nails. Gently press into the sides to ensure a clean line. (I tend to reuse mine, that’s why some have paint on them).
4) Paint a thin coat of metallic polish, starting from your nail bed going upwards (it’s ok if some gets on the adhesive)
5) When dry, carefully remove adhesives and marvel at your hands!
This pretty antique dish that I keep jewelry in is what led to the inspiration. Nail colours are Revlon Gold Coin (cheap!) and Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver.